Echoes is an exhilarating, high-octane Kathak dance experience which explores our relationships with our ancestors. The piece is choreographed by Kathak icon, Aditi Mangaldas, who is renowned for her artistry, energy and for breaking new ground, adding a contemporary twist to this stunning form of Indian dance.
“From the off, Odedra surprises. Instead of wearing the bells on his ankles, and to a plaintive song, he swings them in a circle of light. They ash and glitter as they slice through the beams, thudding as they strike the floor. A cascade of ghungroos dangle in one corner like a glistening waterfall, individual ones snaking across the floor in rivulets of gold”. The Dancing Times
- Choreographers: Aditi Mangaldas
- Performed by: Aakash Odedra
- Lighting Designer: Fabiana Piccioli
- Rehearsal Directors: Dheerendra Tiwari and Amit Khinchi
- Music: Shubha Mudgal and Aneesh Pradhan
- Lyrics: Paltudas, Bheekha Sahib, Meerabai
- Lyrics: sourced by Shubha Mudgal
- Voice: Shubha Mudgal
- Sarangi: Murad Ali
- Tabla and recitation: Mohit Gangani
- Pakhawaj: Ashish Gangani Recorded at Studio Fuzz, New Delhi by Nitin Joshi. Mixed and mastered by Nitin Joshi
- Costume: Digvijay Singh
- Set and Technical Direction: Sander Loonen
Co-produced by Curve Theatre (Leicester), DanceXchange (Birmingham), La Comete (Chalons-en-Champagne) and Generously supported using Lottery Funds through Arts Council England.